Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Looking West

Something funny happened while my wife and I were vacationing in Arizona. We saw ourselves leaving the eastern time zone, and we liked it. We really liked it. If I could’ve cancelled our plane ticket back and survive out there, I would’ve.

Sedona, AZ: The Jewel of the South West


Then something else funny happened a few months later; my wife’s company was bought out by a well-known worldwide company that has made “Forbe’s 100 best places to work” list several times in the past few years. Thus, a myriad of opportunities opened up for her to transfer to one of hundreds of locations within the country.

The door west has been left open, and we’re preparing to run right through it by getting our house ready to go on the market sometime next year.

I don’t know where we’ll land. Colorado Springs, Salt Lake City, and Sioux Falls and others have all garnered our attention as relatively low cost cities we might relocate to. We would downsize, and focus more on doing what we love rather than maintaining what we have.

It’s only a matter of time before I’m in the field, looking for wild game birds out west.

All the best,
TSS

No comments:

Post a Comment